An essential kitchen ingredient – particularly during the summer – watermelon is as healthy as it is delicious. Packed with thirst-quenching electrolytes (magnesium + potassium), this refreshing, zingy fruit will work hard to keep your body hydrated during the hot summer months. It’s also an anti-inflammatory and high in vitamin C, which naturally helps the body to create collagen, a protein that helps to maintain healthy, glowing and younger looking skin.
With summer fast approaching, the warm weather calls for refreshing salads to enjoy alfresco with icy smoothies or a cool, crisp glass of fizz.
This luscious salad from Healthy Chef Recipes App is so quick and simple to make, you’ll have even more time to savour all the deliciously tangy, fruity flavours.
Watermelon Recipe: Ingredients
- 600g cold seedless watermelon, skin removed
- 150g Persian or gats feta
- 100g fresh rocket
- 1 ripe pomegranate
- Small bunch freshly chopped parsley leaves or a few handfuls micro herbs
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 60g pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- Cold pressed olive oil to drizzle
Watermelon Salad: Method
1. Slice the watermelon into thin, bite sized wedges.
2. Wash the rocket leaves and arrange onto a serving platter.
3. Add the watermelon and gently mix through the leaves.
4. Top with parsley or micro herbs and sliced red onion.
5. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and add to the salad along with pistachio nuts.
6. Drizzle with cold pressed olive oil just before serving.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy.