To help you transform your average store-bought spaghetti into a restaurant-quality dish, Italian cuisine aficionados Elva have shared their indulgent spaghetti carbonara recipe. This rich and decadent meal only needs six ingredients and takes no time at all to put together.
Spaghetti Carbornara Recipe
Serve: 1 person
- 50g dry spaghetti
- 2 x egg yolks
- 50g of guanciale in small cubes
- 30g of grated pecorino romano
- 20g of grated parmesan
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in salted, boiling water for about 7 minutes.
- Fry the guanciale in low heat until it’s crispy.
- Get rid of half of the fat that will release from the guanciale and add black pepper, continue to cook on very low heat.
- In a separate bowl make a paste with the two egg yolks, pecorino and half of the parmesan.
- When the pasta is ready, add it to the crispy guanciale and some of the boiling pasta water, and let it absorb all the flavour of the guanciale for another 2 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of boiling water in the paste and mix it till soft.
- Turn off the pasta and wait 30 seconds before adding and mixing the paste in the pot.
- Plate it up and finish with the rest of the grated parmesan.